good morning Port Jefferson! This morning I was in your inbox to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on around town. Including updates about…
- check photos of Port Jeffrey Historical Society Annual Auction.
- inflation This makes Thanksgiving dinner prices higher.
- pre-voting place and more!
But first, today’s weather:
Cloudy, mostly early morning rain. High: 64, Low: 58.
📢 I am looking for a business owner and marketer in Port Jefferson. who want to create awareness connect with customers and increase sales
I have a limited number of sponsors to introduce our Port Jefferson Daily readers to the local businesses they need to know. if that’s you I invite you to learn more and find your position now.
Here are the top four stories in Port Jefferson today:
- The 34th Annual Outdoor Auction takes place at the Mather House Museum on Oct. 15. This event is organized by the Greater Port Jefferson Historical Society and brings together members of our community to support the community in fundraising. Proceeds will be invested in educational projects, exhibits and fundraising. Follow the link to see photos of the 2022 auction (TBR News Media).
- Long Islanders have to pay extra for this year’s traditional Thanksgiving turkey.According to the Department of Agriculture, prices are up 73% compared to 2021. Inflation is the main cause of high prices. Some Long Island food banks, such as LI Harvest and LI Cares, say they will prepare non-traditional food to complement distribution among families (Long Island News 12).
- Early voting begins on Saturday, October 29.. Go to https://voterlookup.elections.ny.gov to find nearby voting locations (CPLIB).
- The community came together to join. Coram’s teen Tyler Phillips Funeral Service on Saturday Phillips was the victim of a hit-and-run earlier this month. no arrest And the police continue to search for the driver. Cash rewards are being offered to anyone with information that leads to identification and arrest (Koh Yao News 12).
Today in Port Jefferson:
- self walking autumn art – Port Jefferson Village (All Day)
- exciting playtime – Freeport Jefferson Library (10:30)
- Long Island Quilters – Freeport Jefferson Library (13.00)
- board meeting – Freeport Jefferson Library (17:00)
- Teen Left 4 Dead 2 – Freeport Jefferson Library (18:00)
- Torn Paper Drawing: Pumpkin – Freeport Jefferson Library (7pm)
From my notebook:
- Port Jefferson Village Fall pick-up program starts today Keep track of the days and times of your road collection. For those who missed it Next pickup is April 2023. To see the schedule, go to portjeff.com (Port Jefferson Village).
- “Suffolk police say they are looking for a 12-year-old Ronkonkoma girl who has been missing for about two days.”
More from our contributors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the band for today! see you again
— Debora Whitehead
About Me: Have an idea? Feel free to contact with me! I’d love to hear from you! Wife, mother, foodie, traveler and nature lover.
Have any tips or news suggestions for the upcoming Daily Port Jefferson? contact me at [email protected]